Safe Moving & Handling Awareness
A Safe Manual Handling course designed to provide participants with an understanding of how to handle safely.
It covers practical aspects of lifting, lowering, carrying, pushing and pulling loads and the use of the available equipment.
It also provides information on the human spinal system, risk assessment, the legal responsibilities of employers to their employees and techniques for the prevention of accidents.
- Awareness of the Acts and Legislation governing manual handling practice
- Knowledge of injuries resulting from manual handling activities
- Knowledge of how the back works
- Awareness of ergonomics and risk assessment
- Awareness of safe manual handling practice
- MACS charts
- Accident & RIDDOR reporting
- Theory test
Course length: 2-3 hours
Certificate valid: 3 years
Cost of course at either your venue or ours:-
Up to 3 candidates £295
Additional Candidates £25 each
(Prices are subject to VAT at the current rate)