This 2-day course will qualify you in First Aid for Mental Health. You will come away from
this course with:-
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether
that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders
What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and
A First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful
This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement.
It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training.
The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three
On-Site Training Costs:-
First 3 candidates: £260 (each)
Additional candidates: £60 (each)
On-site course costs are based on a minimum equivalent of 3 paying candidates
Further discounts may be negotiable subject to filling various late vacant dates.
All on-site courses are subject to £30 travelling costs within a 50 mile radius.
Courses outside the 50 mile radius will be determined at the time of booking.
(Prices are subject to VAT at the current rate)